PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Newbie question on NFS: problem with cp: closing Operation not permitted

Dave M
04.12.2011, 18:01
Hello

First, thanks to Tantalus for his firmware upgrade - I am using the latest download on my lg N2B1

Second, sorry, I do not understand German and this has limited my search of the existing forum

I have just started nfs and get this strange error

On the nfs client (a slackware 13.37 basic linux box), when copying a file on the nfs mounted drive I get the following error:

Code:
cp tfile tfile2
cp: closing 'tfile2': Operation not permitted

The file 'tfile2' is created - it is a simple text file and is created accurately. The cp command works fine when remotely logged into the NAS server through ssh

When I do an strace of the command and compare it to an identical command locally on the client I get the following differences:

Code:
open("tfile", O_RDONLY) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=35, ...}) = 0
open("tfile2", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_EXCL, 0644) = 4
fstat(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
uname({sys="Linux", node="felix", ...}) = 0
ioctl(3, FS_IOC_FIEMAP, 0x7fffba7df3a0) = -1 EOPNOTSUPP (Operation not supported)
read(3, "Newsletter136.pdf\nlg\nlg2\nlg3\ntfi"..., 32768) = 35
write(4, "Newsletter136.pdf\nlg\nlg2\nlg3\ntfi"..., 35) = 35
read(3, "", 32768) = 0
close(4) = -1 EPERM (Operation not permitted)

Anyone else having this error or knows how to correct it?

After a little bit of internet searches, is this a kernel problem with FS_IOC_FIEMAP???? Am not an expert in this...

Many thanks

Dave M

Dave M
11.12.2011, 21:32
Think I found the answer - should have read Tantalus' note more closely - N2B1 firmware has a bug since version 2557. Loading an older version, 2450, fixes the problem.

VR

Dave