Seite 1 von 170 1231151101 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 1698

Thema: OpenWRT port with current kernel 3.0.1

Experte
    Mein NAS
    3 x IB 4220B

Blinzeln OpenWRT port with current kernel 3.7.1

The introduction and version history has moved to a Wiki page.

Please visit https://github.com/tobiaswaldvogel/openwrt-ib42x0/wiki

If anyone wants to contribute something you are welcome to participate.

Kind regards,Tobias
    Geändert von tobias.waldvogel (02.01.2013 um 12:54 Uhr) Grund: Moved to Wiki

Standard

That sounds great. I would be interested in testing when it is available.

Paul.

Experte
    Mein NAS
    3 x IB 4220B

Standard IB 4220 Openwrt Image

Sorry for the delay but I detected some stability issues in the network driver, which are fixed now. The current version didn't show any issues with copying more then 100GB of data. :-)

It can be flashed like a usual firmware upgrade. Afterwards the NAS is set to DHCP, so you should have a dhcp server running. Afterwards you can set it to a static IP if you prefer. To start the configuration open the web administration and as a first step you should set the root password in System->Administration. Afterwards you should be able to logon through ssh. As a second step you should set the mountpount. Raidsonic creates by default two raid partitions: /dev/md0 (system parition) and /dev/md1 (data parition). You only need the /dev/md1 partition as the other one was just data for the RaidSonic firmware.

The samba shares can be created in System->Network Shares. For now you have to set the samba passwords via ssh and smbpasswd. I will include a web interface for this in future releases.

Please report your issues here in order to include them in the next releases. I will continue to work on the TOE implementation for the network driver, which should give us as major performance improvement.
    I did several test to upgrade the stock firmware without any problem but of course I cannot give you any warranty. If something goes wrong or if you don't wait until the firmware upgrade finishes completely you might need a console cable.
    If you look at the green LED, then it will be first switched of at restart. Went it is continously lit, then the kernel is starting up. Once everying is ready it changes to a heartbeat, indicating the current system load.

I will also publish the complete source package soon. Should you need any additional software package in the meanwhile, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Tobias
    Geändert von tobias.waldvogel (07.09.2011 um 00:20 Uhr)

Commander Avatar von gibbylinks
    Mein NAS
    2x Icybox NAS-4220B OpenWrt Firmware

Standard

Hi Tobias,

Brilliant work !! Does this implement NFS version 4 ?

Looking forward to trying this ;0)

WD MyCloud 2tb - 2x NAS4220-B Running OpenWrt Firmware

https://github.com/tobiaswaldvogel/openwrt-ib42x0/wiki

Dell Inspiron 1501 (Linux) - Dell Insprion 15R N5110 (Win 10) - Samsung Nexus 10 P8110 (Android - Lollipop 5.1.1) - ASUS Nexus 7 (Android - CM10 JB) - LG Nexus 5 (Android - Marshmallow 6)

Experte
    Mein NAS
    3 x IB 4220B

Standard NFS 4 support

Zitat Zitat von gibbylinks Beitrag anzeigen
    Does this implement NFS version 4 ?
    I selected NFS 4 client for this kernel, but NFS 4 server is still not included as it is marked experimental, anyway NFS 3 server is included. I can compile it for you as a module if you would like to have it.

Kind regards,
    Tobias

Commander Avatar von gibbylinks
    Mein NAS
    2x Icybox NAS-4220B OpenWrt Firmware

Standard

Sounds good.

I'm not a Linux expert, but have been using Linux on my laptop for several years (1st Ubuntu, now running LMDE), so I know my way around a consolse.
    Also recently bricked my NAS and restored it using the "unbricking guide" in this forum, so I have no fears when it comes to upgrades.

I also have a Twonky licence, is this installed in the same manner as before (place it in "new applications" folder) ?

It's great to know development is still happening with this NAS especially as I've only had mine a few months.

Thanks

WD MyCloud 2tb - 2x NAS4220-B Running OpenWrt Firmware

https://github.com/tobiaswaldvogel/openwrt-ib42x0/wiki

Dell Inspiron 1501 (Linux) - Dell Insprion 15R N5110 (Win 10) - Samsung Nexus 10 P8110 (Android - Lollipop 5.1.1) - ASUS Nexus 7 (Android - CM10 JB) - LG Nexus 5 (Android - Marshmallow 6)

Experte
    Mein NAS
    3 x IB 4220B

Standard Twonky

Zitat Zitat von gibbylinks Beitrag anzeigen
    Sounds good.

I'm not a Linux expert, but have been using Linux on my laptop for several years (1st Ubuntu, now running LMDE), so I know my way around a consolse.
    Also recently bricked my NAS and restored it using the "unbricking guide" in this forum, so I have no fears when it comes to upgrades.

I also have a Twonky licence, is this installed in the same manner as before (place it in "new applications" folder) ?

It's great to know development is still happening with this NAS especially as I've only had mine a few months.

Thanks
    Unfortunately I don't have a twonky license so I couldn't test it. But lit me know if you have any issues. As you already have a console cable you are absolutely on the safe side.

I tried DLNA some time ago with mediatom, which worked pretty well. Anyway there still a lot of limitations with DLNA, so finally I prefer a standard itx board with hardware support for full-hd for playback.

I found another small issue in the network driver with heavy traffic in transmission bit torrent client, which is now fixed. I also moved on to the 3.1-rc4 kernel. As request NFS 4 server support is now included as well. I will make it available this evening.

Kind regards,
    Tobias

Lt. Commander
    Mein NAS
    3x ICY-BOX NAS4220B OPENWRT Attitude A

Standard

sounds like dream
    write more about.

best regards

Experte
    Mein NAS
    3 x IB 4220B

Standard

I am sorry that I did not post any update in the last days but I still had two important issues:

- Could not re-add a disc to a raid array after failure
    That was an issue with kernel 3.1-rc4 and could easily solved by sticking to stable kernels, i.e. 3.0.4

- The network driver
    I detected another issue where the network driver stops to work with heavy traffic on the transmission bittorrent client.
    I isolated the issue, but unfortunately it will take me at least two more days to fix it.

Update: The issues are fixed, have a look at the first post.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Tobias
    Geändert von tobias.waldvogel (07.09.2011 um 00:20 Uhr)

Lt. Commander
    Mein NAS
    3x ICY-BOX NAS4220B OPENWRT Attitude A

Standard

ok im still waiting here for your output.

thnx