Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

N2A2 / General (?) New UI firmware - Password protected?

Einklappen
X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Zitat von Drak0z Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll see if I can get that re-compiled with the alternate root user script part somewhere by the end of this week, when I've got some spare time...
    Hi, any good news for us?

Kommentar

Zitat von pdario Beitrag anzeigen
      Hi, any good news for us?
      So much stuff going on in my life, so little time... I'm very sorry for responding so late... BUT! I do have something for you guys
      I have uploaded the modified firmware to my google drive. All I have done to this firmware is make sure it installs dropbear and add the lgroot account as root user.
      After uploading (via the new UI -> upgrade firmware option) you can log into it by ssh'ing to port 22, username "lgroot", password "admin" (without the quotes).
      From there you can use standard linux commands to run and install software (it uses a Debian linux variant).

N2A2 version: http://goo.gl/U7Trf
      N1A1DD1 version: http://goo.gl/8ywqR

Disclaimer: I have tested the N2A2 version, and it works for me. I have not tested the N1A1 version, but it uses the same method and thus SHOULD work. However, flashing this firmware is fully your own risk!

Kommentar

Great!!!!!!

I'm downloading N1A1 version now.

What is dropbear for? Isn't an ssh server already running? Maybe port 2022??
        Do you think it possible, after installing your firmware, to enable root access on 2022 and remove dropbear?

Thank you >VERY< much!!!

Kommentar

Great!!!!!!

I'm downloading N1A1 version now.

What is dropbear for? Isn't an ssh server already running? Maybe port 2022??
          Do you think it possible, after installing your firmware, to enable root access on 2022 and remove dropbear?

Thank you >VERY< much!!!
          Dropbear is an alternative to the 'regular' sshd. If you're a bit okay with linux you should be able to configure the default sshd and add users and passwords and then remove dropbear afterwards, but since that's all pretty straightforward I have just 'opened it up' for you. What you do from here is all up to you ;-)

PS. Let me know if/how it works out for you?
          Zuletzt geändert von Drak0z; 23.01.2013, 22:19.

Kommentar

Yes, it's all clear. I'll try ASAP and let you know.

Kommentar

Eh.... Just in case LG releases a new firmware tomorrow and... you're too busy, would you mind sharing your magic trick with us? :-D
              I tried myself, as I wrote, but the NAS refused to accept my file...

[EDIT]
              I saw what you added to postinst.sh; I don't understand what you do with dropbear config, but I suppose it's to make it start correctly.
              But I saw that my original firmware file contains a zip file (firmware-nt1-1_10119rfke.zip) and yours contains a gz file (firmware.tar.gz)... Why?
              Zuletzt geändert von pdario; 23.01.2013, 23:00.

Kommentar

Eh.... Just in case LG releases a new firmware tomorrow and... you're too busy, would you mind sharing your magic trick with us? :-D
                I tried myself, as I wrote, but the NAS refused to accept my file...
                It's as easy as extracting the zip -> opening it up with 7-zip -> navigating to the postinst.sh and press f4 to edit (make sure you use a proper editor like Notepad++ and not something evil like Wordpad ;-) ) -> add the lines as stated in the other topic (find the link in my post on page 2, from Februari 4th 2012, 16:23) -> save and exit... And then 7-zip will ask you if you want to update the file. Say yes and you're done :-)

Kommentar

Ok, but this does not explain why the main file has changed from .zip to .tar.gz...
                  Did you use the file from the LG link I put here?

Kommentar

Ok, but this does not explain why the main file has changed from .zip to .tar.gz...
                    Did you use the file from the LG link I put here?
                    Where does it state it's .tar.gz? As far as I know I uploaded zip files :-) The .bin file in there is actually a .tar.gz file, but that's something else.. I think?

I just read your other, edited, message - I'm not sure what happened, and can't check it right now since I'm at work.. But it should be a zip file containing a .bin and a .txt file... If it doesn't contain a .bin but (instead) a .tar.gz, you should just rename it to .bin

I will verify this when I have some spare time... Hopefully this weekend

Kommentar

You posted a zip containing the bin file.
                      Within the bin file there are:
                      • the postinst.sh script you modified
                      • the main firmware file; it's a .tar.gz in your upload (firmware.tar.gz), but the original firmware I download from LG has a .zip file there (firmware-nt1-1_10119rfke.zip).

I mean in the same position as postinst.sh.

[EDIT]
                      Ah... Never mind: it must be the zip I made after decrypting the original tar.gz! I'm now downloading original firmware to check, but it must be that

[EDIT2]
                      Confirmed, it is my file not being original. I think this evening I'll try your rooted fw
                      Zuletzt geändert von pdario; 24.01.2013, 17:07.

Kommentar

You posted a zip containing the bin file.
                        [EDIT2]
                        Confirmed, it is my file not being original. I think this evening I'll try your rooted fw
                        Heh Good luck! And make sure you're using the right version ;-)

Kommentar

Damn!!!

ssh: connect to host nas port 22: Connection refused

[EDIT]
                          Ehi!!! I'm in after enabling telnet and using that protocol!!!
                          Now I'll have a look at what happened to dropbear!
                          Zuletzt geändert von pdario; 24.01.2013, 22:10.

Kommentar

Damn!!!

ssh: connect to host nas port 22: Connection refused
                            Did you upgrade via the webUI or via the Nasdetector tool? The WebUI is the way to work... And try again, I remember running it twice as well

Kommentar

Used web.

I found what was wrong: the network config had old dns server IPs, so it couldn't download anything. I put 8.8.8.8 now and apt sees the net.
                              I don't understand if it is better to download dropbear or trying using the already running sshd

Kommentar

Used web.

I found what was wrong: the network config had old dns server IPs, so it couldn't download anything. I put 8.8.8.8 now and apt sees the net.
                                I don't understand if it is better to download dropbear or trying using the already running sshd
                                The reason dropbear is used instead of sshd is because of easier configuration. Else you would have to change config files in the postinst.sh This basically installs dropbear, makes sure you can use ssh and then configure it any way you like (btw, you did use "lgroot" as username?)... Also, if DNS didn't work, try uploading the firmware again for sure - No internet/dns, no apt-get install ;-) (As you had stated as well, but also for the rest of the people reading this :-) )

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X