Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

Is possible to install a greater HD in N1T1?

Einklappen
X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• N1T1 Is possible to install a greater HD in N1T1?

Hello friends, how are you?

I have a N1T1 NAS, and I'd like to change the N1T1 HD for a bigger one (3TB).

It's possible?

I would like to know that either !!

Kommentar

Works! But you need to reinitialize the NAS using the network tool (the same for update to the new gui).

Now my NAS have 3 TB!

Kommentar

And can I downgrade my firmware to the old gui ?

Kommentar

Well, if you are using the old interface, after change the hard drive you'll need to initialize the nas by using the cd iso image provided by LG. But if you upgrade to the new gui, the initialize feature from cd will be disabled, and initilize will work only by network.

Kommentar

Zitat von goredaimon Beitrag anzeigen
            Works! But you need to reinitialize the NAS using the network tool (the same for update to the new gui).

Now my NAS have 3 TB!
            Do you mean that you have actually put in one disk of 3TB or two disks of 1,5TB each? If its the former/first then thats great news, cause then i'm going to put two disks of 3TB each in my N2B1, assuming that it works!!

Edit: nevermind i just saw now that you were talking about another lg nas not the N2B1, which i bought. but my question actually still stands meaning if its possible to put 2x 3TB in my N2B1??
            Zuletzt geändert von Laurens Snels; 25.07.2013, 11:06.

Kommentar

Zitat von Laurens Snels Beitrag anzeigen
              Edit: nevermind i just saw now that you were talking about another lg nas not the N2B1, which i bought. but my question actually still stands meaning if its possible to put 2x 3TB in my N2B1??
              The Kernel on the BOx is aware of the GUID Partitiontable (GPT) aka knows about devices greater than 2TB.

*BUT* the WebGUI and/or underlying python script can't handle GPT.
              Maybe it's possible to partition/format the hdd's with a Linux System.
              Some random kernel coder
              Lots of stuff attached to serial console
              https://github.com/ulli-kroll

Kommentar

You mean, if i format the hdd's in a OS like knoppix or ubuntu linux that maybe my NAS (N2B1) will recognize it?? If thats the case then that would simply be awesome!!

But im affraid that if i buy a 3TB hdd and format it under linux that i wont be able to return it if my NAS wont recognize it, so i have to think about that...

Another (simple) question: does it really matter which brand (i want to buy WesternDigital-RED disks) or capacity hdd's i put in the NAS?? (except for the 2TB per disk limit offcourse (officially)).

Kommentar

Zitat von goredaimon Beitrag anzeigen

Now my NAS have 3 TB!
                  i installed a 3Tb HD but only got 1,9 Tb by my N1T1 NAS... did you get 3Tb in just one volume/partition?

which firmware version i need to get 3Tb?

Kommentar

Zitat von Antonio Núñez Beitrag anzeigen
                    i installed a 3Tb HD but only got 1,9 Tb by my N1T1 NAS... did you get 3Tb in just one volume/partition?

which firmware version i need to get 3Tb?
                    Done!
                    But a bit tricky work...
                    Upgrade to the new UI (to get 3Tb) with a direct conection nas-pc, run NASDetect with administrative account, update IP in the NAS to something as 192.168.0.200 (the same IP in your PC)
                    Then initialize the drive and you will get 3Tb in a single volume.
                    (No Tantalus or alternative firmware after than upgrade)

Kommentar

does anyone know if this will work on N2B1 with latest firmware?

Kommentar

Lädt...
                      X