X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• M9 Dual 2.0 G5 Power Mac power issues

HI

I've got a dual 2.0 G5 Power Mac i've been working on for my stepcousin. It had suffered a power supply failure late last year. It is not covered under the extended Apple Power supply replacement plan.He had previously taken it to the apple store, and they had quoted him ~$500 to replace the PSU, or that he could order a replacement online and change it out himself.. So it came to me installing the new one, as it is a bit tricky to get it in and out of the G5. But, after replacing the power supply, it is still playing dead.. The white power LED on the front panel comes on dimly. When the AC power is pluggged in, it makes a slight "crackle" sound, and the sounds of a relay opening or closing the contacts. But it does not respond at all to a press of the power button. I've tried pressing the PMU reset button on the motherboard, and pulling the green lithium battery and leaving it unplugged for 1/2 an hour.. Still no difference whatsoever..Any other ideas, or is my guess that the motherboard is dead to probably the right one?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-
    https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewto...p?f=20&t=38882
    Video content production studio

Thanks
Lädt...
X