Einklappen
X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• IB-NAS4220-B OpenWRT port with current kernel 3.0.1

The introduction and version history has moved to a Wiki page.

Please visit https://github.com/tobiaswaldvogel/openwrt-ib42x0/wiki

If anyone wants to contribute something you are welcome to participate.

Kind regards,Tobias
    Zuletzt geändert von tobias.waldvogel; 02.01.2013, 13:54. Grund: Moved to Wiki

That sounds great. I would be interested in testing when it is available.

Paul.

Kommentar

IB 4220 Openwrt Image

Sorry for the delay but I detected some stability issues in the network driver, which are fixed now. The current version didn't show any issues with copying more then 100GB of data. :-)

It can be flashed like a usual firmware upgrade. Afterwards the NAS is set to DHCP, so you should have a dhcp server running. Afterwards you can set it to a static IP if you prefer. To start the configuration open the web administration and as a first step you should set the root password in System->Administration. Afterwards you should be able to logon through ssh. As a second step you should set the mountpount. Raidsonic creates by default two raid partitions: /dev/md0 (system parition) and /dev/md1 (data parition). You only need the /dev/md1 partition as the other one was just data for the RaidSonic firmware.

The samba shares can be created in System->Network Shares. For now you have to set the samba passwords via ssh and smbpasswd. I will include a web interface for this in future releases.

Please report your issues here in order to include them in the next releases. I will continue to work on the TOE implementation for the network driver, which should give us as major performance improvement.
      I did several test to upgrade the stock firmware without any problem but of course I cannot give you any warranty. If something goes wrong or if you don't wait until the firmware upgrade finishes completely you might need a console cable.
      If you look at the green LED, then it will be first switched of at restart. Went it is continously lit, then the kernel is starting up. Once everying is ready it changes to a heartbeat, indicating the current system load.

I will also publish the complete source package soon. Should you need any additional software package in the meanwhile, please let me know.

Kind regards,
      Tobias
      Zuletzt geändert von tobias.waldvogel; 07.09.2011, 00:20.

Kommentar

Hi Tobias,

Brilliant work !! Does this implement NFS version 4 ?

Looking forward to trying this ;0)

WD MyCloud 2tb - 2x NAS4220-B Running OpenWrt Firmware

https://github.com/tobiaswaldvogel/openwrt-ib42x0/wiki

Dell Inspiron 1501 (Linux) - Dell Insprion 15R N5110 (Win 10) - Samsung Nexus 10 P8110 (Android - Lollipop 5.1.1) - ASUS Nexus 7 (Android - CM10 JB) - LG Nexus 5 (Android - Marshmallow 6)

Kommentar

NFS 4 support

Zitat von gibbylinks Beitrag anzeigen
          Does this implement NFS version 4 ?
          I selected NFS 4 client for this kernel, but NFS 4 server is still not included as it is marked experimental, anyway NFS 3 server is included. I can compile it for you as a module if you would like to have it.

Kind regards,
          Tobias

Kommentar

Sounds good.

I'm not a Linux expert, but have been using Linux on my laptop for several years (1st Ubuntu, now running LMDE), so I know my way around a consolse.
            Also recently bricked my NAS and restored it using the "unbricking guide" in this forum, so I have no fears when it comes to upgrades.

I also have a Twonky licence, is this installed in the same manner as before (place it in "new applications" folder) ?

It's great to know development is still happening with this NAS especially as I've only had mine a few months.

Thanks

WD MyCloud 2tb - 2x NAS4220-B Running OpenWrt Firmware

https://github.com/tobiaswaldvogel/openwrt-ib42x0/wiki

Dell Inspiron 1501 (Linux) - Dell Insprion 15R N5110 (Win 10) - Samsung Nexus 10 P8110 (Android - Lollipop 5.1.1) - ASUS Nexus 7 (Android - CM10 JB) - LG Nexus 5 (Android - Marshmallow 6)

Kommentar

Twonky

Zitat von gibbylinks Beitrag anzeigen
              Sounds good.

I'm not a Linux expert, but have been using Linux on my laptop for several years (1st Ubuntu, now running LMDE), so I know my way around a consolse.
              Also recently bricked my NAS and restored it using the "unbricking guide" in this forum, so I have no fears when it comes to upgrades.

I also have a Twonky licence, is this installed in the same manner as before (place it in "new applications" folder) ?

It's great to know development is still happening with this NAS especially as I've only had mine a few months.

Thanks
              Unfortunately I don't have a twonky license so I couldn't test it. But lit me know if you have any issues. As you already have a console cable you are absolutely on the safe side.

I tried DLNA some time ago with mediatom, which worked pretty well. Anyway there still a lot of limitations with DLNA, so finally I prefer a standard itx board with hardware support for full-hd for playback.

I found another small issue in the network driver with heavy traffic in transmission bit torrent client, which is now fixed. I also moved on to the 3.1-rc4 kernel. As request NFS 4 server support is now included as well. I will make it available this evening.

Kind regards,
              Tobias

Kommentar

sounds like dream
                write more about.

best regards
                Best regards / Liebe Grüße

3x nas 4220b openwrt current version
                rsync, nfs, smb ftp /opt on usb-stick
                by questions pm / bei Fragen pm

Kommentar

I am sorry that I did not post any update in the last days but I still had two important issues:

- Could not re-add a disc to a raid array after failure
                  That was an issue with kernel 3.1-rc4 and could easily solved by sticking to stable kernels, i.e. 3.0.4

- The network driver
                  I detected another issue where the network driver stops to work with heavy traffic on the transmission bittorrent client.
                  I isolated the issue, but unfortunately it will take me at least two more days to fix it.

Update: The issues are fixed, have a look at the first post.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
                  Tobias
                  Zuletzt geändert von tobias.waldvogel; 07.09.2011, 00:20.

Kommentar

ok im still waiting here for your output.

thnx

Kommentar

Sorry to be so slow replying - I've been away. I downloaded the image, but it sounds as though I should wait until you have had a chance to fix the new issues you've found.

My NAS is set up as JOB (kept losing the raid setup and I got bored rebuiliding it). Also, for reasons best known to the Icy Box firmware, I've ended up with everything on ide2, not ide1.

If I can find enough space to move all the files currently on the maching, I may try a raid again with your firmware build. First I have to get the data off. Is it likely that the confusion between ide1 and ide2 would cause problems with the OpenWRT firmware?

Paul.

Kommentar

Hi Paul,

honestly I never used JBOD, as I am concerned about data security. I used RAID 1 in the past and now I am using RAID10 with far2 layout. For my used this is the best option as it protects your data like RAID 1 and it gives you the read performance of RAID 0. The only trade off is an impact on the write performance, but 8MB/s is still acceptable for me.

I published a new version based on kernel 3.0.4, which has no issues with re-adding drives into raid arrays after a failure. These are the parameters which I use to setup my arrays:

Raid array, assuming that you are using partition 2 on both discs. Usually I set up the first partition as swap, just in case I would have to run fsck one day:

mdadm --create --chunk=256K --level=10 --layout=f2 --name=NAS --raid-devices=2 --bitmap-chunk=65536k /dev/md0 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb2
                        mdadm /dev/md0 -Gb internal

For the filesystem:

mkfs.ext4 -m 0 -L NAS -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index -b 4096 -E stride=64 -E stripe-width=64 /dev/md0 -i 1048576
                        tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/md0

Kind regards,
                        Tobias

Kommentar

re

small re:

installation - works fine
                          simple config - works fine

no packages distro

please send reprository with comp. packages.

ssh cannt be installed without distro.
                          more tests comming on weekend.

best regards

Kommentar

Zitat von rmoron Beitrag anzeigen
                            installation - works fine
                            simple config - works fine
                            nice to hear

no packages distro
                            Please adjust /etc/opkg.conf as follows:

Code:
                            src/gz snapshots http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/gemini/packages
                            dest root /
                            dest ram /tmp
                            lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
                            option overlay_root /overlay
                            arch gemini 5
                            And then run

Code:
                            opkg update
                            Now you are ready to install any package with

Code:
                            opkg install <package>
                            ssh cannt be installed without distro.
                            SSH is already included in the image. Just use the password, which you set in the web interface.

Kind regards,
                            Tobias

Kommentar

Dropbear offers SSH network shell access and an integrated SCP server
                              Dropbear Instance
                              Interface brctl: SIOCGIFBR: Package not installed

After reconfig ssh to any interface (unspecified) working fine.

Distro - sorry not 100% comp. to image ?

Package 6in4 version 9-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package 6scripts version 0.1-6 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package 6to4 version 6-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package bash-completion version 20080705-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package ddns-scripts version 1.0.0-15 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package dir300-flash version 0.9.9-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package firewall version 2-35 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package php-pear-xmlrpc version 1.5.1-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package qos-scripts version 1.2.1-5 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package speedtouch-usb-firmware version 3-012 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-freeloader-lang-cs version 0.1-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-ca version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-cs version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-da version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-de version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-ee version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-es version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-fr version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-hr version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-hu version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-it version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-nl version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-no version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-pl version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-pt version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-ru version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-sq version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-sv version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-uk version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-lang-zh version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-theme-clubman version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-theme-sedky1 version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-theme-xwrt-mini version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-theme-xwrt version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package webif-theme-zephyr version 0.3-4986 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package wshaper version 0.1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-sys version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package terminfo version 5.7-5 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libuci-lua version 2011-07-18.3-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libc version 0.9.32-79 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package netdiscover-to-devinfo version 1.0.0-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package ntpclient version 2007_365-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package opkg version 618-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libpthread version 0.9.32-79 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package sfdisk version 2.17.2-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-mod-admin-core version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package busybox version 1.18.5-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libsysfs version 2.1.0-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libopenldap version 2.4.26-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package nano version 2.2.6-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package glib1 version 1.2.10-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package glib2 version 2.26.1-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package mini-httpd version 1.19-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package strace version 4.5.20-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-app-samba version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libcurl version 7.21.3-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-app-hd-idle2 version 1.1-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package resize2fs version 1.41.14-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-lmo version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package kmod-sl351x version 3.0.4-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-theme-openwrt version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libnet1 version 1.1.2.1-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package mc version 4.6.2-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package ssmtp version 2.64-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package sysfsutils version 2.1.0-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package krb5-libs version 1.8-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package samba3 version 3.3.16-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package hd-idle version 1.03-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package nfs-kernel-server-utils version 1.1.6-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package base-files version 79-r28148 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libcom_err version 1.41.14-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libexif version 0.6.19-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package pciutils version 3.1.7-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package usbutils version 003-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-sgi-cgi version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libblkid version 2.17.2-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package samba3-common version 3.3.16-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libwrap version 7.6-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package p910nd version 0.95-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package screen version 4.0.3-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libjs version 1.6.20070208-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package fstab version 1.0-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package netperf version 2.4.5-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libmagic version 5.08-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-ipkg version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package uuidgen version 1.41.14-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libuci version 2011-07-18.3-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package liblua version 5.1.4-8 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libevent version 2.0.10-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libip4tc version 1.4.10-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package tcpdump version 4.1.1-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package portmap version 6.0-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package nfs-utils version 1.1.6-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package sdparm version 1.04-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package samba3-libs version 3.3.16-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-app-diag-core version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package ethtool version 2.6.38-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package uci version 2011-07-18.3-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package lua version 5.1.4-8 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package dropbear version 0.53.1-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package id3lib version 3.8.3-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package mtd version 16 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libstdcpp version 4.5-linaro-79 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-theme-base version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libgcc version 4.5-linaro-79 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-app-hd-mon version 1.0-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package nfs-kernel-server version 1.1.6-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package parted version 3.0-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libuuid version 2.17.2-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-mod-admin-full version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-app-diag-devinfo version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libusb-1.0 version 1.0.8-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-web version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package librt version 0.9.32-79 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-httpclient version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package krb5-client version 1.8-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package tune2fs version 1.41.14-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package librpc version 0.9.32-rc2-0a2179bbc0844928f2a0ec01dba93d9b5d6d41a7 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package uclibcxx version 0.2.2-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package hotplug2 version 1.0-beta-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libncurses version 5.7-5 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package e2fsprogs version 1.41.14-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libpcap version 1.1.1-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package hdparm version 9.36-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package httping version 1.5.2-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package netcat version 0.7.1-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package smartmontools version 5.40-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package mdadm version 3.2.2-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libiconv version 5 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package uhttpd version 24 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package netdiscover version 0.3-beta6-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libxtables version 1.4.10-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package transmission-daemon version 2.33-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package zlib version 1.2.5-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package file version 5.08-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-nixio version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-json version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-app-p910nd version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libmad version 0.15.1b-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package fdisk version 2.17.2-4 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package kmod-scsi-generic version 3.0.4-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libsqlite3 version 3070701-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libext2fs version 1.41.14-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libexpat version 2.0.1-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package kernel version 3.0.4-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-app-transmission version 1.0-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package ldd version 0.9.32-79 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-i18n-english version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package smap version 0.6.0-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package transmission-web version 2.33-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package mac-to-devinfo version 1.0.0-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libpopt version 1.7-5 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libsasl2 version 2.1.23-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package libopenssl version 1.0.0d-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package luci-lib-core version trunk+svn7385-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Package smap-to-devinfo version 1.0.0-2 has no valid architecture, ignoring. Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapsho...es/Packages.gz. Inflating http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapsho...es/Packages.gz. Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/snapshots.

Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/admin/system/packages'. The called action terminated with an exception: Failed to execute template 'admin_system/packages'. A runtime error occured: [string "/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/admin_system/package..."]:23: table index is nil stack traceback: [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'dispatch' ?: in function 500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, the server encountered an unexpected error.

Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/admin/system/packages'. The called action terminated with an exception: Failed to execute template 'admin_system/packages'. A runtime error occured: [string "/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/admin_system/package..."]:23: table index is nil stack traceback: [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'dispatch' ?: in function Powered by LuCI Trunk (trunk+svn7385)
                              opkg_message: encountered an output or encoding error during vprintf.

after installation of joe - opkg install joe

small wonder - packages are too see and install ready

now - how format and mount the hdds in raid1

root@OpenWrt:~# fdisk -l /dev/sdb

Disk /dev/sdb: 1000.2 GB, 1000204886016 bytes
                              255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 121601 cylinders
                              Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
                              Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
                              I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
                              Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
                              /dev/sdb1 1 33 265072 fd Linux raid autodetect
                              /dev/sdb2 34 121569 976237920 fd Linux raid autodetect
                              /dev/sdb3 121570 121601 257040 82 Linux swap / Solaris

best regards
                              Zuletzt geändert von rmoron; 07.09.2011, 17:25. Grund: .

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X