OpenWRT port with current kernel 4.16

Einklappen
X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Thanks for fast response. I'm not sure if I understand you right. I made these steps with my NAS.

1. I had complete stock NAS4220 with original FW.
    2. I tried to flash Official OWRT from here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releas...ib4220b.tar.gz It didn't work and it "bricked" the device.
    3. I attached serial console and booted into stock bootloader. Which gave me flash memory map i sent earlier.
    4. I flashed SmartSmurfs OWRT from bootloader via TFTP and finally my HW booted up! Great.

So SmartSmurfs hddapp.tgz is OK. The question is about precompiled images at official OWRT website. 18.06.1 hddapp.tgz has 10279.1 KB instead of 6 MB as you claims. As I see it there could be two solutions, why the official images has different sizes than expected.

1. There is some mistake in build process so the images has incorrect sizes. -> I think it is unlikely.
    2. It is common to use some different bootloader (not stock) which has flash memory mapped to fit bigger hddapp file.

What should I do to be able to flash official OWRT? Thx

Kommentar

Zitat von koty0f Beitrag anzeigen
      What should I do to be able to flash official OWRT? Thx
      Look inside the file target/linux/gemini/image/Makefile, then look for the NAS4220 image creation part. It is wrong in OpenWRT.
      My code looks like this

Code:
      define Image/Build
          $(call Image/Build/$(1),$(1))
          dd if=$(BIN_DIR)/$(IMG_PREFIX)-$(1).img of=$(BIN_DIR)/rd.gz bs=6144k count=1
          touch $(BIN_DIR)/hddapp.tgz
          dd if=$(BIN_DIR)/$(IMG_PREFIX)-$(1).img of=$(BIN_DIR)/hddapp.tgz bs=6144k count=1 skip=1
          cp $(KDIR)/nas4220-zImage $(BIN_DIR)/$(IMG_PREFIX)-nas4220-zImage
          cp $(BIN_DIR)/$(IMG_PREFIX)-nas4220-zImage $(BIN_DIR)/zImage
          cp ./ImageInfo-ib4220 $(BIN_DIR)/ImageInfo
          (cd $(BIN_DIR); tar -czf $(IMG_PREFIX)-sysupgrade-ib4220.tar.gz ImageInfo zImage rd.gz hddapp.tgz)
          mv $(BIN_DIR)/rd.gz $(BIN_DIR)/$(IMG_PREFIX)-nas4220-rd.gz
          mv $(BIN_DIR)/hddapp.tgz $(BIN_DIR)/$(IMG_PREFIX)-nas4220-hddapp.tgz
          rm -f $(BIN_DIR)/zImage $(BIN_DIR)/ImageInfo
      endef
      endif
      ifeq ($(SUBTARGET),raidsonic)
      Btw, I forwared to kernel 4.18.11:
      https://github.com/Smartsmurf/openwr...lease_20181006

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X