X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• IB-NAS4220-B HELP...Bad Firmware update

Hi…

I was having problems with the raid rebuilding itself a lot so I decided to update the firmware to the latest version to see if that would cure the problem.

I downloaded the latest firmware from raidsonic IB-NAS4220-2.6.3.2-20090424 and used the firmware update option from the menu.

The system turned itself off after a few minutes although the book says it may take up to 30 minutes, now it won’t work!

I press the start button, the drives spin up and that’s it, no lights flicker on the front.

Is it now a brick?
    Is there anyway of recovering the firmware?
    Can it be loaded from a USB stick?

Thanks

Is it now a brick?
    yes
    Is there anyway of recovering the firmware?
    yes
    Can it be loaded from a USB stick?
    no

If you search for "unbricking" you will find all you need to know.

There is a guide at our wiki and the unbricking guide for the MRT GigaNAS which also fits for 4220. The procedure is the same, only the firmware is different.

Best regards
    HWguru
    Fragen zu bereits behandelten Themen werden (von mir) nicht beantwortet.
    Allgemeine Tipps rund ums NAS und Linux --> Wiki Beitrag
    Schon einmal deine Frage bei einer Suchmaschine versucht?

Kommentar

Thanks for the reply…

But it does not work for me…

I can’t connect via Telnet, tried using IcyBox flashstart as well.
      And the connect via hardware pictures don’t correspond to my board (1.2)
      I have not taken out the PCB as the box is still under warranty and don’t want to invalidate it.

I was hoping there was a way of doing it with out sending it back as this will take a minimum of 21 days.

Thanks for the help

Kommentar

I can’t connect via Telnet, tried using IcyBox flashstart as well.
        This won't work on the 4220, you have to go for the serial connection, which is also described in the tutorials mentined by HWguru.
        mfg,
        vishcompany

Newbie-FAQ - Linux für Anfänger - forumregeln - Leitfaden
        for our international users: language settings - posting guide - translation service

Verwechsle niemals Redundanz (RAID1) mit Datensicherheit (backup)!

Bitte keine supportanfragen per PM. Support gehört ins Forum, dann haben alle etwas davon!

Kommentar

Shameless plug:

There´s an english translation of the wiki page about unbricking the 4220 at my website.
          http://www.themaxer.de/index.php?opt...:nas&Itemid=81

HTH
          themaxer.com

Kommentar

Thank you, thank you and once again thank you.

Many thanks to you all for helping me with my brick.

Got a serial lead (Siemens C35) and followed all the instructions and “hey presto” seems to be working OK again.

Nice work people, keep it up.

Kommentar

Glad you managed to unbrick your box. It's not that complicated after all, is it?
              mfg,
              vishcompany

Newbie-FAQ - Linux für Anfänger - forumregeln - Leitfaden
              for our international users: language settings - posting guide - translation service

Verwechsle niemals Redundanz (RAID1) mit Datensicherheit (backup)!

Bitte keine supportanfragen per PM. Support gehört ins Forum, dann haben alle etwas davon!

Kommentar

hej, i have that same problem. i connect to NAS with serial cable, and I configuration putty like that: http://prnt.sc/cepbbi but when i connect and run NAS, it give me that: http://prnt.sc/cepbsk . I trying chenge configuration at many different ways, and i trying chenge charakter encoding with UTF-8 on any else, but it still not working :c Anyone any ideas, what else i can do?

Ps. Sorry for my english, its not my native language.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                X